It’s the day after your party in your new jersey home and your carpets are a total mess! It does not matter how long you look at it, you have no idea how to deal with the dirt and the stains. Eventually you surrender and you start looking through the local telephone directory to find a local carpet cleaning company to take care of the job for you.
After talking to a few local companies in north and central new jersey, you finally arrange an appointment with a carpet cleaner that seems to be competent and can meet your time schedule. So, they arrive on the day and at the time you agreed. At this point you are impressed with their punctuality. But as this is the first time that you have had a professional carpet cleaning company clean your carpets, you are still unsure what they are going to do for you.
To make sure you are prepared for their visit, here are some of the things you should expect from a professional new jersey carpet cleaning company.
A day or two before the day, you should receive a pre-appointment call or text message reminding you of the appointment. We are all so busy these days, professional carpet cleaners recognize the importance of a gentle reminder.
They should arrive in a clean sign written vehicle to prove that they are from the company you hired. If they are in an unmarked vehicle, then they should provide you with some form of written identification.
After that, you should walk with the technician to check the job and point out any spots or specific areas they need special attention and confirm which items of furniture should be moved.
After you agree to continue, the technician should start moving furniture to allow access to the carpet. They may use specialized equipment such as carpet sliders to move heavier furnishings.
After moving the furniture, the cleaning process will start. Here is a brief breakdown of how most professional carpet cleaning companies organize their work.
- Pre-vacuuming to remove dry soils if not already done.
- Apply “all natural”cleaning agents to break down stains and oily sticky soils.
- On heavily soiled and traffic areas they may use a powered brush to agitate the cleaning agents.
- The soils and cleaning agents will be rinsed out of the carpet with a hot water rinse and vacuumed away with a powerful vacuum machine.
- Some specialized cleaning agents can leave the carpets sticky and in a high alkaline state. In these cases, they will use a specialized rinse to remove the sticky feel and leave your carpet in a neutral state.
- Apply a carpet protector (we use 3m) to help keep your carpet cleaner for longer.
- They will groom the carpet with a carpet rake to lift the pile and ensure even distribution of the carpet protector.
- High velocity air movers will be placed around the area to dry out the carpet as soon as possible.
- Furniture will be replaced on foil tabs or furniture blocks to prevent furniture dye marking the carpet.
- After the cleaning has finished you should walk through the area with the cleaning technician to make sure you are completely satisfied with the work.
- Finally, the carpet cleaner should leave you with a telephone number you can call if you have any customer concerns.
This is a general idea of what will happen when you have your carpets professionally cleaned. They will change depending on the type of carpet you have, the cleaning process they use and the soiling conditions.